Due to our amazing success, Preloved Sports has grown to a point where it is becoming too much for one person to manage so we are looking to recruit a team of volunteers to help run Preloved Sports.
I work behind the scenes to ensure the smooth running of the Preloved Sports shop, processing orders, managing donations, the accounts and so much more. After careful consideration, we are looking to recruit a team of Preloved Sports Heroes who will look after a particular part of the project. Ideally, one volunteer for each of the following area;
- Tech and Accessories
We understand that life can be busy so we do not expect anyone to work anymore than 6 hours a week. This is an absolute maximum. There are no set hours and work is only required when there are queries, questions, collecting and processing donations, processing orders and Post Office runs.
The role of a Preloved Sports Hero is to help with the day-to-day running of Preloved Sports. You are required to (but not limited to);
- Manage the collection of donations as well as processing and uploading to the Preloved Sports shop
- Processing, picking and posting orders, obtaining proof of postage where required
- Manage payments and purchase post through PayPal
- Answer any customer queries via email / social media networks
- Ability to store 2-4 large storage tubs with donations and a small quantity of postage boxes
- Ability to keep accurate records for the purpose of stock taking and the accounts
- On the odd occasion, help with a pop-up shop and take cash and card payments
We require you to be fairly good with a computer and the internet. Our shop’s software is through WordPress and Woocommerce. Full training will be provided in person where possible or via Zoom.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working with a great team and volunteer work looks great on a CV. This is an unpaid role as our aim is to raise money for charity whilst reducing waste. The Preloved Sports project is self-sufficient and we do not expect volunteers to pay any money into it. All costs are reimbursed. We are working on a range of benefits for our volunteers (ideas welcome) but you will have exclusive pick of any items that are donated.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org